[SDL] Mac OS X Linking problems

Korruptor korruptor at mac.com
Wed Sep 11 01:06:01 PDT 2002

> Is it it even possible to compile SDL programs from the command
> line? or do I have to use Project Builder?
> I'm running Mac OS X (10.1) ...and here's the command in make
> 	c++  -lSDL  -lSDL_mixer -lpthread  Program.cpp  Object1.o
> Object2.o Object3.o  -oTestProg

I may be wrong, as I rarely compile outside of project builder and I've
not done C++ with SDL yet, but you probably need to include the
frameworks:

-framework SDL -framework SDL_Mixer

in the command within make. This has certainly worked for the C
projects I've compiled.

> If so, does anyone know how to login as root from the terminal?
> Whenever I try I get either "Sorry" or "Root Login not permitted on
> this Terminal".

You can enable the root user from within Netinfomanager.app, see the
"Security -> Enable root user" menu option -- when that's done you can
su to root as usual.

On some OS X installs I've had, sudo still refuses to work even with
your own password. This happened to me on my iBook, yet my TiBook was
fine. Go figure...

Cheers

"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the
stupidity of your action."