[SDL] Compile error SDL_libraries

delphiro delphiro_no_spam_12345 at zonnet.nl
Tue Sep 10 21:44:01 PDT 2002

After installing a new version of vectorlinux on my
old laptop I have problems compiling SDL_Image,
SDL_Net and more.

The problem is always the same. The ./configure
script quits when checking for SDL >= 1.2.4
Here is the final output of config.log;

/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6: 'undefined reference to atexit'

the way the programme is build is;

gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/
include/SDL -D_REENTRANT  conftest.c -L/usr/local/lib
-Wl, -rpath,/usr/local/lib -lSDL -lpthread 1>&5

could it be that sdl-config gives the wrong parameters?

Thanks in advance,
Rob