[SDL] gamma bug? Need testers.

Paul K. Efremov pke2 at hotbox.ru
Tue Sep 10 21:43:01 PDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 08:25:47PM -0400, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> > Strange. Maybe it's an X bug after all?
> >
> > My system:
> > 	Linux kernel 2.4.3
> > 	XFree86 4.0.3
> > 	NVIDIA drivers 29.60
> > 	SDL 1.2.4
>
> It's possible. We aren't checking the return value from XStoreColors, but
> I'm willing to believe it's hosed in the Xserver before 4.2.0 or so, and
> won't lose sleep over it.
>
> --ryan.

I've just tried the program a couple more times and that's what I've found:
when fullscreen setting is enabled and after going back to window mode
the program window remains active, gamma setting *does* work.
But if you switch the window to background (I did that to see
'setting gamma to...' messages in xterm) gamma setting doesn't change.

Anyway since this seems to be already fixed in 4.2.0 I agree that it's
not a problem.

Sorry for the haste with the first email.

Regards, pke.