[SDL] About gamma support in video driver

Patrice Mandin pmandin at caramail-NOSPAM.com
Wed Sep 25 09:06:01 PDT 2002

Kaixo Ryan C. Gordon!!!

> I need some X11 users to try the following program; there's either a bug
> in SDL or a bug in my old-but-not-stable-branch XFree86 setup.
>
> Basically, SDL_SetGamma() doesn't work if you create an X11 window. If you
> create a fullscreen window first, though, it does. Can someone verify this
> behaviour for me?  Thanks.

 Without fullscreen, no errors but no gamma is changed
 With fullscreen, no errors and gamma changed

hardware/Software:

 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Vanta [NV6]
 Xfree 4.1.0 (debian 4.1.0-16)
 SDL 1.2.4 (debian 1.2.4-1)