[SDL] Tux Paint 2002.09.21

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Sep 21 18:59:01 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Griffiths" <n.griffiths at virgin.net>
To: "Bob Pendleton" <sdl at libsdl.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 9:07 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [SDL] SDL_net and socketpair

> Hello Bob,
>
> BP> I can help on the UNIX/Linux side, but its been 6 years since I wrote
> BP> any native Windows code. All the code I've written on Windows in that
> BP> time was in Java. And, Java ain't Windows. :-)
>
> Well, I'll be looking into how to fork() on Win32 at the weekend then. I
was
> hoping you'd say you'd do that. ;)

Windows doesn't have any support for duplicating processes like fork() does.
The way to create processes is to use exec* family of functions, or the
Win32
API WinExec()/CreateProcess() calls.

Windows favours threads over processes. In Windows processes are just a way
group threads.

If you want use fork() to handle multiple tasks you are better off by using
threads.

--
Paulo Pinto