[SDL] SDL_net and socketpair

Jimmy jimmy at jimmysworld.org
Thu Sep 5 09:43:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 12:25, José Luis Sánchez wrote:
<snip>

> Having said that, there's only a marginal speed difference between socketpair
> and their socket/listen/connect counterparts using AF_UNIX domain.
>
> Regards,
> Wizord.

I know this has already been mentioned, but I think it's worth saying
again.  If you're already certain that the client is local, which you'd
have to be to use socket pair, or AF_UNIX for that matter, you're
probably better off making a shared memory implementation anyway.  It'll
likely be faster than socketpair regardless of the system.

Maybe take a look at olofson's sfifo: http://olofson.net/mixed.html

--

End of Rant.

Jimmy