[SDL] windows xp and sdl

Neil Bradley nb at synthcom.com
Tue Sep 3 08:41:00 PDT 2002

> I personnaly don't have XP anymore (switched to Linux a few weeks ago),
> so I can't test your stuff... but Sam is right on this, the OpenGL
> drivers for my graphic card (standard GeForce2) shipping with XP were
> extremely slow (I think it was software OpenGL -- ie no hardware
> acceleration) and knowing Micr*s*ft, I guess they did it on purpose...

Video card drivers for the Geforce series of boards aren't written by
Microsoft - they are done by NVIDIA. How is this their fault? I get it...
it's another chance to bash MS. ;-)

No, but as I said below:

> > > FWIW, Tux Racer runs quickly and perfectly!

Tux Racer does. Also, Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force and Quake III (and
those other games that use the Quake 3 engine) all work perfectly. FWIW,
I'm using a TI4600 card with the reference NVIDIA drivers.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley            What are burger lovers saying
Synthcom Systems, Inc.  about the new BK Back Porch Griller?
ICQ #29402898	        "It tastes like it came off the back porch." - Me