[SDL] windows xp and sdl

Gaëtan de Menten ged at bugfactory.org
Tue Sep 3 04:44:01 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 05:15, Atrix Wolfe wrote:

> ok, im just asking because i had someone test my app and they said it ran
> slow.
>
> If you feel especialy kind today do you think you could test it on your XP?
>
> http://www.deionline.com/atrix/Download.asp
>
> if you dont wanna, i understand, but if you do...i would very much apreciate
> it!
>
> (:

I personnaly don't have XP anymore (switched to Linux a few weeks ago),
so I can't test your stuff... but Sam is right on this, the OpenGL
drivers for my graphic card (standard GeForce2) shipping with XP were
extremely slow (I think it was software OpenGL -- ie no hardware
acceleration) and knowing Micr*s*ft, I guess they did it on purpose...

I guess your 2D applications don't use OpenGL...

> > FWIW, Tux Racer runs quickly and perfectly!
> >
> > -->Neil

See you,
-Gaëtan.