[SDL] Re: Compile error SDL libraries

Paul Smith googoodolls_uk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 18:22:01 PDT 2002

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 11:28:43PM -0700, Chris Thielen wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-09-01 at 22:39, Cliff L. Biffle wrote:
> > Are there any reasonably mature SNES emulators using SDL?  I don't believe
> > SNES9X does.  Suggestions are welcome.  (I'm hoping to port one to the Opie
> > environment on the iPaq, and SDL would be ideal, since we already
> > have Doom, ScummVM, and others running with it.)
>
> I believe zsnes uses sdl on linux (zsnes.sf.net).

It does, but I suspect it would be fantastically difficult to port to
anything other than linux/x86. Despite having nice SDL functionality
on OS X, zsnes barfs badly at compile-time.

My daydream is to port SNES9x to SDL - it's already ported to generic
Unix, Windows, and Macintosh, so hooking up SDL should be a matter of
just implementing the wrapper functions.

--