[SDL] TGA loading problem in windows using SDL_image

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 08:14:00 PDT 2002

Hi,

I hope this is the right list to talk about this. Please point me to the right
list otherwise.

I have recently started using libSDL,  and I have hit a problem which appears
to be a bug in the SDL_image code, windows implementation.

In case it makes a difference (but I don't think it does in this case), I am
cross-compiling my code from linux using mingw.

When I try and load a TGA file which I then make transparent using a color key
based on the top-left most pixel (see standing0001 as an example picture), it
displays fine in Linux, bu on Windows, the top half of the image does not get
displayed, and the color key has not been set properly. I have tried
downloading the latest (non-CVS) SDL.dll/SDL_image.dll but the problem
persists.

The function that I use to load the images is in test.cpp, attatched. Note
that the "force attempt to load targa if image load fails first time" is
there because my targa images have no .tga file extension (they were
generated with blender).

Is this a problem with my code, me cross-compiling using mingw, or with SDL?

cheers,
Jason.

--
Jason Wood