[SDL] OpenGL+SDL in Windows too slow - wierd :-/

Romi Kuntsman romik12345 at lycos.co.uk
Mon Sep 2 12:37:01 PDT 2002

Hello!

For some reason, when I use OpenGL with SDL, without drawing anything -
it gets max fps of ~60 in Windows, while 1000+ in Linux.
My drivers are just fine, and other OpenGL programs run well.

What can be causing it?
  a. Windows sucks (maybe, but this has nothing to do with it...)
  b. SDL compiled with WinDX5 and not WinDIB (but no DX code handles
OpenGL stuff, right? anyway, how to compile SDL without DX just to test
this?)
  c. Using JEDI-SDL (any1 else with those also having this problem?)
  d. Other (please help me find it! plzzzzz...)

RK.