[SDL] Examples for SDL_sound

Gaëtan de Menten ged at bugfactory.org
Wed Jul 31 15:34:01 PDT 2002

> In my game, I'd like to play an Impulse Tracker (.it) module and use OGG
> samples for sfx... So far I was using SDL_mixer and all was fine but it
> seems like SDL_mixer can't use OGG for samples (correct me if I'm wrong).
> think SDL_sound can... But since SDL_sound seems more complex than
> SDL_mixer, before trying it the hard way (learning the API), I'd like to
> know if there are examples of doing something similar, somewhere out
> there...

Even though I'm now convinced what I wanted to do was foolish, I think there
should be some more examples included in SDL_sound... At least one playing
music and sfx... Coz, from what I've seen the example provided (playsound)
provided only plays one sound at a time... with lots of options but well...
Even if it's simple (I really dunno in fact) it'd really be nice to have
such an example...

-Gaëtan.