[SDL] I couldnt install SDL_ttf

Christopher Subich csubich at subich.com
Wed Jul 31 08:52:01 PDT 2002

At 10:09 AM 7/31/02 -0300, you wrote:
>Hi people!
>I am with problems to install the SDL_ttf in the Dev-C++.
>It of the one portion of errors when it is tried to compile some program.
>Anybody knows what it can be happening?
>How is installed the SDL_ttf Correctly? Anyone have a hint?
>Thanks Bertrand

To my knowledge, not very much likes compiling under Dev-C++ for Windows --
I tried SDL_net.  Cmd obviously won't run ./configure, and using cygwin's
sh requires some modification of PATH to point at the Dev-C++ libraries,
compilers.  Even then, it looks like the resulting makefile has some path
issues, as the Dev-C++ gcc uses Windows-centric (Drive:\Directory) paths
that ./configure definitely does not create.

Cross-compiling under Cygwin also doesn't seem to want to work -- it seems
to die in if.h on an undefined caddr_t.

Unless I'm missing something, Dev-C++ also doesn't like opening the Visual
Studio project file, so no luck there.  Around this point, I gave up and
downloaded the binaries.  If someone _did_ get something like this to work,
I'd also be interested in hearing the answer.