[SDL] SDL_ttf bug with the letter j

Kent Quirk kent_quirk at cognitoy.com
Tue Jul 30 20:20:00 PDT 2002

If you look at your image closely, you'll realize that the artifact is
the left few pixels of the j, cut off and one line higher.

Apparently, when it's at the front of the string, the x coordinate of
the pixels is going negative and wrapping to the right side one line
higher.

I have no idea WHY this is happening, as I don't use SDL_ttf. It could
be your code, it could be code in the library. Does SDL_ttf specify
the draw routines, or do you? If you do, then it could easily be your
code dealing improperly with negative coordinates.

You might look for similar behavior in uppercase V, lowercase y, and
italic fonts.

     Kent