[SDL] Sharp Zaurus and SDL

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jul 30 10:51:01 PDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 01:53:32PM +0200, Niels Wagenaar wrote:
> I was wondering, what's needed for the compilation of the SDL library for
> the Sharp Zaurus platform? Since I don't have the necesarry funds to buy this
> device so this means I'm looking for a cross-compiler solution. (I know that
> there are ARM cross-compiler files available for the Sharp Zaurus for the
> linux platform).

I don't know anything about cross-compiling SDL, but there's lots of
info on cross-compiling regular apps. to ARM for the Zaurus.

So far as SDL is concerned, you can just use statically-linked (.a) or
dynamically linked (.so, available in .ipk packages for the Zaurus)
SDL libraries.

So far as your app. is concerned, just make sure it's 240x320
(I think one port of SDL supports 320x240 and does rotation for you)

If you grab my game "Mad Bomber" as source, I believe the Makefile has
my own cross-compile target.  Not elegant (compared to, say,
"configure --target=...") but it works. :)

-bill!