[SDL] SDL mixer contortions

Loren Osborn linux_dr at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 10:26:01 PDT 2002

Ok.... I know what I'm about to propose isn't a great
idea, and (whether I like it or not) will have audio
artifacts, but does anyone know of a good way to:

1) Preserve the state of all the chunks playing on on
the mixer, including position (how much of the sound
is finished playing)...

2) Close the SDL_mixer device

3) reopen the SDL_mixer device with a different
sample-rate, audio-data format, and or mono/stereo
setting

4) resample all the previously playing chunks to this
new format

5) restart all the chunks playing at the apropriate
positions

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

-Loren

P.S. Ryan, this question is mainly to you...but anyone
elses comments welcome as well...