[SDL] SDL Logos

Robert Wohleb rwohleb at r2tech.com
Tue Jul 30 09:36:00 PDT 2002

As all geeks do, I like gears. I thought using one in this scenario would be
ok. However, I haven't generated a good looking gear yet. Hopefully, tonight
I will have some more samples with gears, etc.

As for the text being on the logo, I usually prefer not to. Some of the best
logos either make the text the actualy logo, or leave them separate. Another
reason to leave the text off to the side in this design is scalability. This
design scales because the overall shape is very recognizable at all sizes. A
lot of the detail is lost in a small size, but that is secondary. The text
would only clutter the design when small, and couldn't really be read
anyways.

~Rob