[SDL] An SDL Logo concept to start (was Re: SDL Logo)

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Sun Jul 28 15:22:00 PDT 2002

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 01:53:33PM -0700, Loren Osborn wrote:
> Similarly this logo attempt is very much not final,
> but it is designed for print as well as screen...
>
> http://icculus.org/~loren/SDL_logo/
>
> Comments welcome

Hope you don't mind some criticism.  Firstly, there are far too many
colors in your logo.  If someone was going to print it in white on black
or black on white, it won't come out very well at all.  Secondly, the
version with just the letters is hard to identify as being SDL and not SLD
as Bill noted.  Third, the horizontal bars, while clearly intentional
looking at the greyscale images, don't look very good in the color ones.

Using primitive shapes is a very good idea for something like SDL though.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>              glDisable (DX8_CRAP);

<Espy_on_crack> "I installed 'Linux 6.1', doesn't that make me a unix
                guru?"
<BenC> Espy_on_crack: no, you have to install it twice before you are a
       guru...once to prove you can do it, the second to fix the things
       your broke the first time
<Espy_on_crack> oh right, how silly of me