[SDL] An SDL Logo concept to start (was Re: SDL Logo)

Romi Kuntsman romik12345 at lycos.co.uk
Sun Jul 28 13:59:01 PDT 2002

At last someone!! :)))

A few notes: (any comments on those notes are of course welcome)
- Gears are nice, but I'm not sure that gears alone could represent SDL.
- I don't think that the version (1.2.4) should be that emphasized, if
at all.
- I think there should be something that could be extended into 3D. Of
course those gears could be extruded, but IMHO, objects that actually
have a 3D shape are much cooler.
- Gears can be much more than just that... see examples:
http://images.google.com/images?q=gears

Keep those ideas coming! ;)

Just got an idea:
SDL is meant to simplify things, right? So much that you don't need to
handle those inside stuff, which gears represent. If we take the idea of
Gears, maybe SDL should not be represented by them, but instead the
letters "SDL" will be over the gears (or something like that) - i.e. you
know there are gears, but you only need to handle the much simpler SDL
instead of those complex gears...

RK.