SDL Logo (was Re: [SDL] Commercial games and SDL)

Loren Osborn linux_dr at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 13:49:01 PDT 2002

--- Jimmy <jimmy at jimmysworld.org> wrote:
> I do like the logo, but I'm forced to agree.  I've
> occationally wondered
> what logo should be used myself.  The contest winner
> as it is isn't
> suitable as the compression degredation can be seen,
> and even if the
> original is still around to be found it would be
> much better if a brief
> animation could be used instead.
>
> Something akin to the Blizzard [north] logos.  Just
> 3 to 5 seconds,
> professional looking, clean and simple.
>
> Does anyone here have any experience doing cuts like
> that?

What I posted was actually the result of a brief
google search... I actually thought I remembered a
logo with a red green and blue cone, cube and sphere
behind "SDL" in white letters.  Could be my mind was
playing tricks on me...

As far as a brief intro cut-movie the big problem is
many SDL games are downloadable, and movies are often
too big for a downloadable game.  For boxed games this
is a great idea.

-Loren