SDL Logo (was Re: [SDL] Commercial games and SDL)

Jimmy jimmy at jimmysworld.org
Fri Jul 26 12:44:01 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 15:09, Romi Kuntsman wrote:
> Loren Osborn wrote:
>
> >I thought Karl Bartel won the SDL logo contest with
> >this image
> >http://www.linux-games.com/aboutme/karl1.jpg back in
> >late 1998... no?
> >
> >-Loren
> >

> I didn't know about that...
> http://www.libsdl.org/pipermail/sdl/1998-September/thread.html#19594
>
> But maybe now, four years later, there should be a second SDL Logo Contest?
>
> RK.

I do like the logo, but I'm forced to agree.  I've occationally wondered
what logo should be used myself.  The contest winner as it is isn't
suitable as the compression degredation can be seen, and even if the
original is still around to be found it would be much better if a brief
animation could be used instead.

Something akin to the Blizzard [north] logos.  Just 3 to 5 seconds,
professional looking, clean and simple.

Does anyone here have any experience doing cuts like that?