[SDL] compilation under FreeBSD fails

Erik Greenwald erik at math.smsu.edu
Fri Jul 26 00:54:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 10:47:32PM -0700, Eron Hennessey wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:37:00 +0200
> Christoph Kukulies <kuku at accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
> > I was trying to compile SDL 1.2.4 and 1.2 snapshot (Jun 15)
> > and got a failure in both cases somewhere in the joystick
> > area.
>
> > 1.2.4:
> >
> > SDL_sysjoystick.c:44: usbhid.h: No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 1
> >

> Hey, I got this exact same error.  Anyone know what's up?  I'm running 4.6-STABLE.

FreeBSD has a bunch of patches for SDL in the port... try installing it
from there, works great for me.

	# cd /usr/ports/devel/sdl12 && make install clean

If anyone wants to see the patches and doesn't have fbsd, the cvs
repositories url for the sdl12 patches are at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/sdl12/files/

(if you use fbsd but don't have a ports dir, install it from your cd or
better yet, set up cvsup and get the latest version)

--
        -Erik <erik at smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.