[SDL] OT : Kylix 3 will include C++ Builder for Linux...

mrdaniel mrdaniel at singnet.com.sg
Wed Jul 24 20:24:01 PDT 2002

1) I would like to say that Kylix,be it -1,2,or 3 has got its value though
it lacked some features. Take for example its "auto-hint". There was a sort
of mis-placement of the declaration in the SFont.pas. And after  I re-place
that declaration it happily showed the "hint" everytime. On this point, if U
are using SFont, do same on line 93 : PSFont_FontInfo = ^TSFont_FontInfo;
move this line and place it before this TSFont_FontInfo = record .

2) It also make sure that you perform a new(pointer) else the debugger will
signal U with SIGSEGV, before U want to use a structure.

3) The executable generated worked smoothly without any segementation fault.

4) one big problem is that there is NO "Print" feature from the MENU. So U
can't output a hard-copy during design time.

5) for the OpenEdition, the class-explorer feature is not available.

I experienced those effects while using Kylix to work on an experiment with
the Jedi-SDL concept, on SDL audio, smpeg and SFont. The version that i used
was version 1 & 2.

ciao.
====
daniel