[SDL] OT : Kylix 3 will include C++ Builder for Linux...

Jason Farmer jason at cerebral-bicycle.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 18:55:01 PDT 2002

Well, I use K1 quite happily, Sure it's not as fast as Delphi5 as far as the
IDE goes, but it never holds me up when I'm coding. I've never had a problem
with the clipboard and as far as stability goes... Kylix is the most
forgiving IDE I've ever seen. After 2 seconds, you forget it's running under
Wine.

I look forward to the native IDE when it arrives, but until that day I will
still use Kylix simply because it lets me use SDL (via the JEDI-SDL
libraries) and gives me all the coding features I need to write and debug my
programs.

And on a side note, It's Pascal... :-D The best language I've ever used... and
I've used a few.

I don't know what people are on about when it comes to Stability issues with
Kylix. I've never encountered any.

Later

Jason