[SDL] NVIDIA & SDL_GL_SwapBuffers

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Wed Jul 24 11:52:01 PDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 02:35:39PM -0500, wyatbar at iit.edu wrote:
> If I use the binary compiled before I installed the NVIDIA GLX & Kernel
> binary distributions (not sources), the program works fine and is accelerated
> or seg faults depending on the program.  If I use a binary compiled after
> NVIDIA i get garbage in the window.
>
> I've found in my apps that it seems there is a problem with SDL_GL_SwapBuffers
> in that I cant even write a program that simple clears the buffer then flips
> (I compiles but I get the same garbage in the window).
>
> I have tried putting glFlush() right before the call as per a list email
> a year ago, but it doesnt help.
>
> If it helps I get the same results with a GeForce3 ti500 on the same setup.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
> More importantly do you know of a work around?

I've experienced this on Debian, but it was Debian's fault, not NVIDIA.
Do other OpenGL binaries work such as Quake 3 or precompiled versions of
games such as armagetron?  It very well could be a problem with your build
environment.

Additionally, the ldd output of your binary, does it contain a line
libGL.so.1.something?  If not, I know exactly what the problem is.  More
information is required to accurately diagnose your problem.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>         <-- That boy needs therapy

<markm> c++: the power, elegance and simplicity of a hand grenade