[SDL] Native Cygwin Build

John Morrison john.r.morrison at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 23 00:52:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Joseph Carter wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 07:40:38PM +0100, John Morrison wrote:
> > Has anybody managed to compile the
> > SDL group of libraries (or any ;) to
> > be a native cygwin application (ie,
> > don't use -mno-cygwin)?  So it acts as
> > if it were running on a native linux
> > box?  Cygwin now has an X server
> > (XFree86 itself) so it would be great
> > if we could do this.
>
> One small problem...  Cygwin is dog slow.

That may be your experience, todate it hasn't been
mine.  However, I can't get SDL to compile as a
native cygwin app so I don't feel able to comment.

I'm not asking for any functionality to be
removed, just make it possible to compile SDL
under cygwin as if it were a native, linux, OS.

I wouldn't have thought it was that much effort.
If something works in a native linux OS which
doesn't under Cygwin I'm sure folk's will fix it.

J.