[SDL] Re: NBS Feedback - Tux Paint

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Mon Jul 22 18:02:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 03:59:53PM -0700, nbs wrote:
> You could either try installing the ALSA and ESD packages from Mandrake 8.2
> as well, or just try installing the SDL*.rpm files that you can download
> from libSDL.org.
>
> It looks like SDL was config'd by Mandrake to require ALSA and ESD, but
> doesn't "require" them as dependencies, so when you install SDL, it
> pretty much installs a broken SDL  (at least from the "-devel" point of
> view)
>
> :^(

Note I fix this in Debian by building a simple OSS-only version and making
the libsdl-dev package from that.  Nobody has complained because the
symbols for libesd, etc, are not actually part of the SDL ABI anyway.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>               This end upside-down

* wolfie ponders how many debianites it takes to screw in a lightbulb
<Viiru> wolfie: Somewhere around 600? One screw's the bulb, and the rest
        flame him for doing it wrong.
<part> wolfie: is the bulb free software?
<Tv> Can we vote on whether to screw it or not?