[SDL] :1 ?

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Mon Jul 22 15:34:01 PDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 01:25:37PM -0700, Atrix Wolfe wrote:
> wow cool (:

It's not as useful as you think.  If you've only got one of them, it will
probably still allocate 32 bits.  Likewise, if you have several with other
data elements in the struct between them, any that do not immediately
follow eachother can be expected to have their own ints.

Note further than 32 bit processors like to work with 32 bit numbers at a
time, so it wouldn't make sense to use only 8 or 16 bits.  I'm guessing at
32 because I'm assuming the gcc people realize this.

Even better, some compilers do not support (or simply ignore) bitfields.
Fun fun fun for the whole family!

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>        Sanity is counterproductive

<james> abuse me.  I'm so lame I sent a bug report to
        debian-devel-changes