[SDL] OpenGL in linux

Michael Cowart cutefuzzysquirrel at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 21:07:01 PDT 2002

Ok, I tried setting all of those attributes to 1
(except GL_ALPHA), but now it segfaults every time, no
matter the resolution.

I'll play with it some more later, I'm going to start
work on the 2d stuff right now.

--- Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 03:36:17PM -0700, Michael
> Cowart wrote:
> >         printf ("OpenGL active\n");
> >         SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_RED_SIZE, 8 );
> >         SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_GREEN_SIZE, 8
> );
> >         SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_BLUE_SIZE, 8
> );
> >         SDL_GL_SetAttribute (SDL_GL_ALPHA_SIZE, 8
> );
> >         SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_DEPTH_SIZE, 32
> );
> >         SDL_GL_SetAttribute( SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER,
> 0 );
>
> Hmm..
>
> You sure you want to require 32bpp framebuffer and
> depth buffer?  You sure
> you're running at the right depth?  XF86Config file
> should have
> DefaultDepth 24 under Section "Screen" or the above
> will not work.
> Something to check, anyway.
>
> Note, you can probably set all of those to 1 except
> for SDL_GL_ALPHA_SIZE
> (which should be 0) for maximum compatibility.  No
> promise it will not
> look like crap if someone tries to use it on crappy
> hardware, but at least
> it'll run..
>
> --
> Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>
> What're you looking at?
>
> <Culus> Ben: Do you solumly swear to read you debian
> email once a day and
>         do not permit people to think you are MIA?
> <Ben> Culus: i do so swear

=====
Michael Cowart
Department of Computer Engineering, University of Arkansas
cutefuzzysquirrel at yahoo.com

"Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo" - a star shines on the hour of our meeting