[SDL] OpenGL in linux

William Robinson airbaggins at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 20 00:53:01 PDT 2002

> I'm having a problem in using OpenGL with SDL in
> linux. When I call SDL_SetVideoMode with the
> SDL_OPENGL flag, SDL_GetError returns "Couldn't find
> matching GLX visual".
>
> This is probably a stupid error on my part, but I'm
> new at this =)
>
> SYSTEM:
> I am running Mandrake 8.1 with SDL 1.2.4 on a GeForce
> 3 Ti 200 with the Nvidia driver.

if you haven't already done so, try and download the newest NVidia drivers from their website.

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_1.0-2880

this is the current driver page and it contains detailed information on setting it up.

if you already have it all set up, though, try looking at appendix C of the README file that came with the NVidia-GLX package (for me it's at /usr/share/doc/packages/NVIDIA-1.0/README). it might just be that you are missing a symbolic link or something.

hope this helps somewhat

bill