[SDL] SDL_CreateThread

andy preston andy at prestonmedina.com
Tue Jul 16 18:26:00 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 17:29, Nick Groesz wrote:

> My particular problem is that I have 4 member functions within my client
> class to be threaded and 4 member functions in my server class that I
> want to run in threads.

 The way that you described it is the standard way to get around these
problems. The way I dealt with multiple threads is to simply have a base
class that deals with the SDL_CreateThread function and has the
sprite_callback functionality that you described. The base class has a
pure virtual "run" function that each thread overrides. It would mean
that you have to split your functionality out of one class and into
multiple classes. Normally that is not a problem since sperate threads
should avoid using the same data (variables) as much as possible. You
may also find that your class design makes more sense split out too.

Andy