[SDL] single pixel drawing

Neil Bradley nb at synthcom.com
Tue Jul 16 11:08:02 PDT 2002

> They are much less expensive than they used to be, but
> Multiplies are still more expensive than adds, and you

How so? At least on the Pentium, Multiplies are 1 clock or less, just like
shifts.

Don't get me wrong - In practice I agree with you and do shifts instead of
multiplies, but I really am curious if the multiplies on any other
processors are really slower than shifts.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley            What are burger lovers saying
Synthcom Systems, Inc.  about the new BK Back Porch Griller?
ICQ #29402898	        "It tastes like it came off the back porch." - Me