[SDL] How to Compile SDL under i586 Linux...

mrdaniel mrdaniel at singnet.com.sg
Tue Jul 16 10:30:05 PDT 2002

allo Dominique,

I am using Mandrake 8.1, 8.2 and rehat7.3 to do my SDL-project.
I am also using Kylix 1.0 2.0 and also OpenEditiion. The project so far
compiled well and the shared-lib is libSDL-1.2.so.0 and this is pointing :-
1) to libSDL-1.2.so.0.0.2 in ML8.1
2) to libSDL-1.2.so.0.0.3 in ML8.2
3) to libSDL-1.2.so.0.0.3 in redhat7.3

for my case using Kylix, there is an interface file in Pascal, that works
like a macro that translate and map the function calls to the actual C
library.

as for my experience with ML8.1 it is not so linux compliant some how my
current mpg_audio works.

if fact the samples that U sent me did not, why not send your project over
and let me test compiling with my systems.

ciao
====
daniel
====