[SDL] Cross compiling SDL and OpenGL apps...

Michael Vanecek mike at mjv.com
Tue Jul 16 09:03:01 PDT 2002

All I did to get the other apps to compile was go into the configure.in
and change it from:

dnl Check for OpenGL
AC_MSG_CHECKING(for OpenGL support)
have_opengl=no
AC_TRY_COMPILE([
  #include <GL/gl.h>
],[
],[
have_opengl=yes
])

to:

dnl Check for OpenGL
AC_MSG_CHECKING(for OpenGL support)
have_opengl=no
AC_TRY_COMPILE([
  #include "SDL_opengl.h"
],[
],[
have_opengl=yes
])

re-ran autogen.sh and it cross-configured and cross-compiled fine. I'm
curious - what's in SDL_opengl.h that makes cross compiling work and
what change occured? I've cross compiled the glworld app before with the
older mingw32-cross-configure.sh and environment and older SDL libs with
no problem. The NeHe configure.in will have to be altered as well as
SDLgears and a host of other demos to get it to work with the new
mingw32 cross-compile environment... SDLgears gives me a ton of warnings
in cross-make.sh - doesn't appear that the gl libs were included in the
compile and even when I manually stuck them in they still gave me a ton
of warnings. The NeHe tutes configured and compiled fine though...I've
been out for a bit and some things seem to be broken and others work
fine with the new system - has there been some major changes during my
absense that rendered some of this stuff obsolete?

Cheers,
Mike

http://dotfile.net/ - Dedicated to Open Source Software