[SDL] Cross compiling SDL and OpenGL apps...

Michael Vanecek mike at mjv.com
Mon Jul 15 12:46:01 PDT 2002

Did anything change between 1.1 and 1.2? Attached is the configure
output for your test apps and the NeHe tutes - virgin download (the zip
file linked from the sdl site):

[mikev at Linux OpenGL-intro-1.1.1]$ ./cross-configure.sh
creating cache cross-config.cache
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking host system type... i386-pc-mingw32msvc
checking target system type... i386-pc-mingw32msvc
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for sdl-config...
/usr/local/cross-tools/i386-mingw32msvc/bin/sdl-config
checking for SDL - version >= 1.2.0... cross compiling; assumed OK... yes
checking for OpenGL support... no
configure: error: Unable to find OpenGL headers and libraries
[mikev at Linux OpenGL-intro-1.1.1]$

[mikev at Linux test]# ./cross-configure.sh
creating cache cross-config.cache
checking host system type... i386-pc-mingw32msvc
checking target system type... i386-pc-mingw32msvc
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for sdl-config...
/usr/local/cross-tools/i386-mingw32msvc/bin/sdl-config
checking for SDL - version >= 1.2.3... cross compiling; assumed OK... yes
checking for OpenGL support... yes
updating cache cross-config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile