[SDL] sdl_freesurface()

Chris Thielen chris at luethy.net
Fri Jul 26 15:34:00 PDT 2002

On Monday 15 July 2002 14:06, Dominique Louis wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>    I just needed the list of conditional defines that would allow me to
> compile it under Mandrake 8.1 as well as the correct *.c files that
> would make it work under X11. If you say that all that information can
> be found in the configure script I will look in there, or should I look
> in the make file?
> Is the configure script intelligent enough to work out
> which OS I am running and what UI I have and set up things accordingly?

The configure script is part of the GNU autotools.
It creates the Makefiles from Makefile.in files.
It should determine all necessary system information to create valid
Makefiles.
You can specify lots of configure options (`./configure --help` returns a
list of available options) but the default values should work.

You can find more information on this topic in the internet by searching for
"GNU autotools".

For compiling GNU autotool'ed projects on Unix like platforms, you can almost
always execute:
./configure
make

and for installing (as root):