[SDL] Win32/Linux SDL Differences

Hongli Lai h.lai at chello.nl
Fri Jul 12 17:08:01 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 23:53, Neil Bradley wrote:
> I've had similar problems, however it's the reverse. The win32 build works
> perfectly, and Linux/MacOS faults. ;-(

I'm pretty sure you just did some mistakes with freeing memories.
Win32 apps tend to ignore errors. So even if you double free a memory
area, the app keeps running. This is not a good thing, since the app wil
crash later, at a random point, which makes it harder to detect where
the mistake is.
But in Linux, apps don't ignore errors (at least not as much as Win32
apps), so they crash immediately.
You should check your source code for errors like that.