[SDL] Win32/Linux SDL Differences

Neil Bradley nb at synthcom.com
Fri Jul 12 14:44:01 PDT 2002

> 	I've been developing an application in Linux for some time now and it
> runs very well and very stable in Linux, but I get seemingly random
> crashes in the Win32 build. Are there any differences in the SDL
> implementation for Linux and for Win32 that would cause such a thing or
> am I incorrectly using SDL?

I've had similar problems, however it's the reverse. The win32 build works
perfectly, and Linux/MacOS faults. ;-( So far I have not been able to
prove this to be a problem of SDL, but rather of my code. So far it has
been because of lack of error checking when dealing with SDL. Double check
those errors! IIRC, There's a way to prevent SDL from trapping faults and
shutting down which might yield a backtrace that's useful.

And let's not talk about how bad it is going from DOS to any real OS. That
was a painful experience.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley            What are burger lovers saying
Synthcom Systems, Inc.  about the new BK Back Porch Griller?
ICQ #29402898	        "It tastes like it came off the back porch." - Me