[SDL] Hello [Question] How VC++6 Link?

^^^ man9972 at yahoo.co.kr
Wed Jul 24 09:23:01 PDT 2002

I've succeded in making a working SDL ActiveX, I use the same code
without the ActiveX shell for a command line linux player and soon for a
netscape plugin :)

The problem I have is that I'd like to be able to run multiple instances
of the plugin in the same web page or in different windows but explorer
always use the same OCX and not multiple copies of it and so the
dataspace is always the same and I cannot run multiple SDL windows.

I've tried to make the plugin a different process that use the explorer
window (so that I can have multiple windows with multiple copies of
SDL.dll) but this doesn't make happy the memory protection of NT kernel
:)

There is an hack I can use to have multiple windows? Something like to
have multiple copies of a DLL and to dinamically swaps function pointers
to the SDL API functions to refer to the functions with the correct
display/event global variables.

Obviously every SDL context should be run on a different (ad unique)
thread.

Actually I can think only about building a mini SDL with the functions I
need and a slightly modified API with multiwin support :)

Bye,
 Gabry