[SDL] I need input for an article on SDL

Chris Thielen chris at luethy.net
Wed Jul 10 17:55:01 PDT 2002

I'm _really_ sorry for this off-topic reply about OpenAL, but I'll keep
it brief.

OpenAL is an excellent API, even as it stands in the Creative Labs tree.
It was used to do a port of Freespace 2 to Linux, and I can tell no
difference between the audio in Linux/OpenAL and Windows/DirectSound3D.
It's also fun (and easy) to implement 3-D audio into your games with.
Anyway, keeping it brief.

-- chris (chris at luethy.net)