[SDL] SDL_Sound rewind - was SDL_mixer RWops

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Jul 10 14:41:01 PDT 2002

> well, i've got my looping of audio working with sdl_sound, so i think i'll
> stick with it. however, i can only use a predecoded file to loop, there are
> problems when using the sound_rewind function. it can't. i'm using the
> mpg123 lib and not the smpeg. i've looked into the code and the function
> uses the SDL_RWops->seek method to rewind the Sound_SampleInternal->rw
> SDL_RWops structure, but doesn't. i remember reading somewhere that this can
> be avoided by wrapping it in some sort of buffering SDL_RWops..... but i'm
> not sure how to do this....can anyone help please .

The buffering RWops was never written, since it's roughly equivalent to
predecoding. That being said, Sound_Rewind() works here with MPGLIB.

What type of RWops do you have? Can we see the code?

(We should also move this discussion to the SDL_sound mailing list: blank
email to sdlsound-subscribe at icculus.org to get on that list.)

--ryan.