[SDL] I need input for an article on SDL

DrEvil drevil at warpcore.org
Wed Jul 10 11:39:01 PDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 13:29, Joseph Carter wrote:
> I'm beginning to think John's gonna need to write a second edition at this
> rate.  Besides the half-dozen buglets in the book (bet John knows exactly
> where each of them is right now and has a d'oh for each), the book doesn't
> cover things like autoconf.  Additionally, OpenAL is basically DOA.  It's
> got positively no real force behind it anymore.

I don't agree with this at all. If you were following the OpenAL devel
list you'd see that some big name gaming houses having chosen to use it
for their games. For example, Epic is using OpenAL for Unreal Tournament
2003 and they have obtained Dolby 5.1 certification from Dolby Labs. I'd
say that's quite an accomplishment when using a "DOA" 3D Audio
Library...