[SDL] Re: NBS Feedback - Tux Paint

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Mon Jul 22 17:42:01 PDT 2002

well, i have been using SDL_sound originally, and loading from rwops works
fine. however, with sdl_mixer, i am able to loop the music easily....and
can't figure it out through sdl sound....if anyone can help me there that'd
be great. but i also like that i can do sound effects easily with sdl mixer.
i'd rather try to stay away from using both, if that's even possible, and
since right now i am more familar with sdl_sound, if anyone can help with
the looping i'll stick with that.

o, and as far as playing the sounds with sdl sound, there is A LOT more
specific setup to actually play the sound, including writting your own
decode buffer callback.

--keith