[SDL] David Olofson's smooth scroll example

Ney André de Mello Zunino zunino at unu.edu
Tue Jul 9 08:01:01 PDT 2002

Dominique Louis wrote:

> #if defined(_MSC_VER)
> #define __inline__    __inline
>
> begin_code.h should be in the SDL include directory. Also ensure that
> you if compiling for Windows you need the following conditional defines...
> NDEBUG;WIN32;_WINDOWS;HAVE_OPENGL

I tried it defining all the symbols you mention, but it won't work. The
only way I could get it to work was by commenting out the "__inline__"s
from the code. Since begin_code.h does #define it to "__inline" with the
condition you showed above, I concluded that the "_MSC_VER" symbol was
not being set. So, I tried adding it to the list of defined symbols
given to the compiler, but then I got errors in windows.h.

By the way, what does _MSC_VER stand for? Is it supposed to contain the
version of Microsoft Visual C(++)? In that case, I think it would be
better if I added a condition to begin_code.h to handle BCC's case. Do
you know which is the symbol that identifies that compiler?

Thank you,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino