[SDL] new empty surface

Joseph Carter knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Tue Jul 9 07:04:01 PDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 04:37:15AM -0500, Jonathan Atkins wrote:
> >Voila! A new SDL_Surface named menu. This should do for you :)
>
> except that this is not the optimal solution, Chris Thielen had the optimal
> solution.
> it's faster to blit a surface that is already in display format...of course.

What is the display format for OpenGL?  Optimal compatibility dictates
that the display format always is RGBA (even though it is typically BGRA
for compatibility with DirectX which understands nothing else..)

The patch to make SDL_DisplayFormat do something sane was trivial, and Sam
asked me to do it, but AFAIK it has never been applied.  Not sure, he also
forgot to make the CVS commits list..  ;)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>      You're entitled to my opinion

<Shinobi> There are worse things than Perl....ASP comes to mind