[SDL] Re: CMI8738 sound problem (OT)

corrado_job at virgilio.it corrado_job at virgilio.it
Tue Jul 9 00:20:01 PDT 2002

maybe that chipset is a little buggy...

I installed it on a winNT machine (pentium mmx on asus pc97 compliant motherboard)
and got a strange behaviour: any player will loose control of the mixer
peripheral at every song's end. That is I could only play a song, never
a playlist, becouse when first song ends, mixer is lost.

No driver updates got me better, that chip is no good.

Hope being helpful