[SDL] glmovie works!

Gib Bogle bogle at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jul 8 15:10:01 PDT 2002

> Message: 7
> Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 15:22:20 +0100
> From: Dominique Louis <Dominique at SavageSoftware.com.au>
> To: sdl at libsdl.org
> Subject: Re: [SDL] glmovie works!
>
> Hi Gib,
>    Does this mean it has been a Driver problem all along? So are you
> saying that the call back function now works with these new drivers
> installed? As I do not have a 3D graphics card, does it mean that the
> Software implementation of OpenGL under Windows ( have not tested
> Software OpenGL under Linux yet ) does not support this typs of call back?
>
> Thanks for any enlightenment.

Dominique, yes, it seems that it was a driver problem.  The code is
running with the callback, and on my system the actual drawing takes
about 2 ms, which is fantastic.  Thank God for the gamers, who have made
graphics chips cheap and fast.  The mpeg decoding part takes about 31
ms.  I don't know anything about the Windows side.

Gib