[SDL] A Quick libGL question..

Jason Farmer jason at cerebral-bicycle.co.uk
Sat Jul 6 12:18:01 PDT 2002

Hi Joseph,

I do have a libGL.so.1 in my /usr/lib directory.
It's a symlink to /usr/lib/GL/libGL.so.1.2.xf86_glx

SuSE seem to be putting all library files into this directory now.

This caused me a few problems getting SDL_mixer to configure because it was
detecting the 1.2.3 version of SDL in the usr/lib directory and not the 1.2.4
version in usr/local/lib

Is this part of the new linux standards base?

I've been ripping my hair out all day trying to update SDL and all of its
buddies. I never seem to have any luck compiling SDL_mixer and getting it to
recognise the smpeg I have installed. Stress!!!!

Anyway, If you guys can't help me then I'll have to look elsewhere. I don't
really want this thread to evolve too much as it's hopelessly off topic as it
is.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a config file or an enviroment
variable somewhere that points to the location of libGL.

well at least I leaned something. SuSE 8.0 linux does not like you installing
SDL in the default location of /usr/local/lib and SuSE 8.0 ships with
SDL.1.2.3 Which is a bit wierd considering that they went to town on getting
the latest version of KDE

Maybe we need to bear this in mind when writing games for non technical users
who don't know how to update their systems.

Thanks

Jason