[SDL] Help please

Brandon nichols brandonic_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 11:30:01 PDT 2002

From: Lars Englund <lars.englund at home.se>
> Hi, I have downloaded the SDL_mixer pack with the libs, dlls, and headers
> for win32. I have allso downloaded the smpeg pack with the libs, dlls, and
> headers for win32. I then included smpeg.h and SDL_mixer.h but all i get
> when trying to play an mp3 is:
>
> Mix_PlayMusic: Module format not recognized
>
> Do I have to compile SDL_mixer to use SMPEG? If so, how do I do that?

Yes, you have to recompile. If you use MS Visual C, then you have to go to
the project settings and add MP3_MUSIC to the defines and add smpeg.lib to
the librarys. I just did that today with the latest versions and it works.
You have to download the source of SDL_mixer, for smpeg the header and lib
is enough.

Florian