[SDL] multithreaded OpenGL (wglShareLists and equivalents)

Thatcher Ulrich tulrich at tulrich.com
Fri Jul 19 17:48:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 10:57:38PM +0200, David Olofson wrote:
> [...]
> >Everything but the early 3dfx cards
>
> - and Matrox G400 on Linux, even with reasonably new drivers -
>
> >supports 2048x2048.
>
> Actually, it won't refuse to "deal with" 2048x2048, but if you ask,
> the driver says 1024x1024, and 2048x2048 can do anything from
> producing incorrect results to crashing X.
>
> One would assume that this is fixed in later drivers, as 2048x2048
> works on Win32, and for all other matters, the Win32 and Linux
> drivers seem to have *exactly* the same flaws. (Like not being able
> to handle multiple contexts... *grrrr* :-( )

No, it was only fixed in Win32 for Voodoo3 (Voodoo4/5 do not have the
limitation..)  It's still borked for Voodoo2 and under, and AFAIK, nobody
ever ported the workaround to Linux.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net>                This thing is an AI

<Knghtbrd> Feanor - license issues are important.  If we don't watch our
           arses now, someone's gonna come up and bite us later...